Monterey Museum of Art Tour Docents share a passion for art and community.
Monterey Museum of Art Events Docents volunteer for the Museum for special events and projects. This can include tasks such as assisting art teachers during children’s art workshops and family days, greeting and orienting visitors at gallery openings, supervising the Welcome Desk and galleries at our Pacific Street location, or behind-the-scenes administrative help. Events Docents should also feel comfortable working with participants of all ages, be outgoing and friendly, and overall act as ambassadors for the Museum in the community.
Docents directly support MMA’s mission by interacting with the public, creating awareness, and appreciation for California Art. Docents provide tours to Museum guests, assist with art projects for our school tour program, participate in Family Days, and assist with program facilitation.
MMA Tour Docent Requirements:
- Attend the monthly Docent Meetings (First Wednesday of the month, 10:00 am–12:00 pm)
- Attend annual Docent Training (6 session, starting September 13-October 18, 2017)
- Commit a minimum of 2 hours a month to volunteer with Museum guests (Does not include monthly meeting)
- Pay for annual Docent Dues, and be a current member of MMA (Docent Dues: $42 for your first year, $25 for every consecutive year)
- Complete a background check through the State of California (cost is covered in your first year Docent Dues)
- Become proficient in giving tours to adult groups, and school tours.
- Must have access to computer and email.